Monday, August 31, 2009

Changing Mindsets

Over the past several weeks I've been trying to decide what direction to take my training. I have been bouncing back and forth between shedding the last 10 or so pounds of body fat I want to loose or to put on the 5-10 pounds of lean body mass I want. In my last post I wrote about getting focused. Since both goals have equal pull on my mind right now and as I've stated you cannot do both at the same time. I did the logical thing and flipped a coin.
CHANGING MINDSETS
How do you get into a positive mindset? Our minds are our greatest tool we have been given with it anything we can conceive we can achieve. The most important thing you need to do is pay attention to your self talk. It doesn’t matter how hard you work if you don’t change your negative self-talk you will sabotage everything your working towards. No mater what the goal. It takes 15 positive statements to undo the damage from 1 negative comment and we bombard ourselves with negative chatter all day long. Positive affirmations are of the upmost importance to accomplish our goals of changing the mind set into one of achieving our goals. Skip La Cour has a wonderful program he's running right now where you can download two tracks for your mp3 player to help change you're self-talk. Here is a link to his home page. http://www.manformation.com

While you're at it change the music you listen to as well. If you're like me you never paid much attention to what you listen to but this has been proven that music can and does affect your mood and what you think about. Make sure that the tracks on your play lists are productive and uplifting that make you feel good about who you are and where you want to go. You also must BELIEVE your positive self-talk and challenge the negative every time you catch yourself in a negative loop of self-talk you must stop and ask if it's true and do you really believe it.

Live on Purpose
Ron

No comments:

Post a Comment